Бонк Н.А., Бонк И.А. Ключи-ответы к упражнениям - файл n1.docприобрестиБонк Н.А., Бонк И.А. Ключи-ответы к упражнениямскачать
Доступные файлы (1):
- Бонк Н.А., Котий Г.А. и др. Ключи к упражнениям. Тома 1,2 (Документ)
- Бонк Н.А., Левина И.И., Бонк И.А. Английский шаг за шагом. Том 1 (Документ)
- Бонк Н.А., Лукьянова Н.А., Котий Г.А. Учебник английского языка. 2 части (1148 стр.) + Ключи к упражнениям (Документ)
- Бонк Н.А., Котий Г.А., Лукьянова Н.А. Учебник английского языка (Документ)
- Маноли Триандафилиди (ред.) Новогреческий для иностранцев. Ключи к упражнениям (Документ)
- Бонк Н.А., Лукьянова Н.А., Памухина Л.Г. Учебник английского языка. Часть 2 (Документ)
- Бонк Н.А., Котий Г.А., Лукьянова Н.А. Учебник английского языка. Часть 2 (Документ)
- Бонк Н.А., Лукьянова Н.А., Котий Г.А. Учебник английского языка. 1 и 2 часть (Документ)
- Blanka Konopka. Учебник польского языка. Часть 2. Изучение польского языка (Документ)
- Delfin. Lehrwerk für Deutsch als Fremdsprache. Arbeitsbuch - Lösungen (Документ)
- Музланова Е.С.Английский язык: задания с кратким ответом: В1-В16: темы Аудирование, Чтение, Грамматика и лексика (Документ)
- Ландсберг Г.С. Элементарный учебник физики Том 3. Колебания и волны; оптика; Атомная и ядерная физика (Документ)
Ключи к Английский шаг за шагом Т1 и 2
ШАГ ЗА ШАГОМ
Рекомендован Министерством образования РФ в качестве учебника для студентов неязыковых вузов
МОСКВА «РОСМЭН» 2001 УРОК-КОМПЛЕКС 1
Упр. 3, стр. 16.
1. set ten, set seven, seat ten B, test seven T, lesson ten.
2. ten seats, seven teams, ten steps, seven lessons, ten sets.
3. "Yes?" "Set ten, please." "Ten?" "Yes, ten, please."
4. "Yes?" "Seven seats, please." "Seven?" "Yes, even ten."
Упр. 4, стр. 20.
1. Meet Em.
2. Please meet me.
3. Please tell Ted.
4. Tell me.
5. See Em Dell.
6. See lesson ten.
7. Please send me set seven.
8. Send me seven sets. Send me even ten.
9. Please lend me 10р.
Упр. 4, стр. 21.
1. Let's see Steve's tests.
2. "Let's meet Nell." "Yes, let's."
3. "Let's send Ben Dent seven sets." "Yes, even ten."
4. Let's see test seven.
5. Let's mend Nell's tent.
6. Let's see Ted.
7. Let's see Ned's best tests.
8. Let's test Em's TV set.
9. Let's lend Steve set seven.
Упр. 4, стр. 23.
1. Let me meet Ned.
2. Let me see set ten.
3. Let me see Ted.
4. Please see lesson seven. Let's see lesson seven. Let me see lesson seven.
5. Please test Ben's TV set. Let's test Ben's TV set. Let me test Ben's TV set.
Упр. 4, стр. 24.
1.Meet Ben Dent. "Tea?" "Yes, please."
Please meet me.
Please tell me.
Send me seven sets, even ten.
Lend me set seven B, please.
2. "Let's see Ted." "Yes, let's."
"Let's meet Em." "Yes, let's."
"Let's send Steve set ten." "Yes, let's."
''Let's see Nell's tests." "Yes, let's."
3. Let me see lesson seven.
Let me see Bess Dell.
Let me meet Nell.
Let me see.
Let Ted test Em's TV set.
Let Ben see me.
Упр. 5, стр. 30.
1. Please type test five.
2. Let me type five lines.
3. Find file nine.
4. "Let's see my best slides." "Fine!" (Yes, let's.)
5. Let me see size nine.
6. Please send me set five.
7. Let Ben see type nine.
8. Let me see my file.
9. Please find my size.
10. "Let's buy five sets." "Yes, let's." "Fine!"
Упр. 4, стр. 37.
1. Let me see my bill.
2. Let me see Miss Dene's bill.
3. Please type Bill's list in time.
4. Let Mrs Fennell find file nine.
5. Let Miss Snell find me five easy tests.
6. Lend me eleven empty files.
7. "Let's see Syd." "Fine!"
Упр. З, стр. 39.
1. "Listen, Ted. Let's visit Bill." "Yes, let's!" "Fine!"
2. "Listen! Let's see Syd's fine slides." "Yes, let's."
3. "Listen, Miss Ellis. Let's settle it in time." "Yes, let's."
4. "Listen, Nell. Please buy me five little tins." "Five little tins?" "Yes, even seven."
Упр. З, стр. 48.
1. "Let me send it by post." "Fine!"
2. "Please test model fifteen." "Model fifty?" "No, not fifty, fifteen."
3. "Let's open set seventeen." "Set fifteen?" "No, not fifteen, seventeen."
4. Please find it in my old notes.
5. Let me open five little tins.
Упр. 4, стр. 50.
1. Don't buy old models.
2. Don't file list nineteen. Let me see it.
3. Please don't send it by post.
4. Don't test set 79. Don't even open it.
5. Listen Bill. Let's not spend it. (Don't let's spend it.)
6. Let's not stop. (Don't let's stop.)
7. ”Let me find Miss dent”. “No, please don’t”
8. ”Let me open set 50”. “No, please don’t”
Упр. 4, стр. 54.
1. Let him find his phone bill (...telephone bill).
2. Let him find his photos.
3. Let me phone him in ten minutes.
4. Let me hold his files!
5. Let's not phone him. Let's visit him in his hotel. (Don't let's phone him...)
6. Let him phone me in fifteen minutes.
7. "Hello! Miss Dent, please." "Miss Dent? Please hold on."
Упр. 2, стр. 56.
hobbies, lobbies, tellies, boys, toys, pennies
Упр. 2, стр. 58.
1. my 2. his 3. his 4. my 5. his
Упр. 2, стр. 63.
1. It's seven. It's fine.
2. It's eleven. It's hot!
3. Please test model 90. It's simple.
4. It's so noisy! Let's not listen. (Don't let's listen.)
5. It's time! Please phone him.
Упр. 7, стр. 67.
1. His test's so simple!
2. His photo is in my file. Find it. It's on my shelf. (His photo's...)
3. "Syd's still in Leeds. Let's phone him." "Fine!"
4. Bell's still ill. She's in bed.
5. Bess is so slim!
6. Mrs Ellis is still in. She is busy till 5. (She's busy...)
Упр. З, стр. 69.
1. Model 55 (fifty-five) isn't old. Model 15 is old. (fifteen's...)
2. She isn't seventeen, she's only fifteen. He isn't nineteen, he's only seventeen. She isn't fifty-five, she's only fifty.
3. It's seven. Miss Lloyd's shop isn't open. It's only open till five. (It's open only till 5.)
4. He isn't ill. He isn't in.
5. Find list 15. It isn't in my file! Find Syd's test. It's on my shelf.
6. Little Nelly isn't ill. She's only sleepy.
7. Syd isn't on my list. He isn't on my list.
Betty isn't on my list. She isn't on my list.
Model 19 isn't on my bill. It's not on my bill. (It isn't on my bill.)
8. Ben's not busy till five. Please phone him. (Ben isn't busy...)
9. It's not so simple. It's not so easy. (It isn't so simple. It isn't so easy.)
Упр. 5, стр. 73.
1. "Is Bob in?" "Yes, he is." "Is he still busy?" "No, he isn't."
2. "Is she seventeen?" "No, she's only fifteen."
3. "Is list 15 in Bill's file?" "No, it's in my file." "Let me see it."
4. "Is Bill still in his shop?" "No, he isn't. His shop's only open till seven. (His shop's open only till seven.)"
Упр. 2, стр. 74.
1. "Is he in?" "No, he's still busy in his shop."
2. "Tony's still in his hotel. Let's phone him." "Fine!"
3. Bess is still ill. She is still in bed.
4. "Is Mrs. Dent fifty yet?" "No, she isn't fifty yet. She isn't old yet. She's still slim."
Упр. 5, стр. 75.
1. It's not five yet. It isn't seven yet. It's not eleven yet. (It isn't five... It's not seven... It isn't eleven...)
2. Is it seven yet? Is it five yet? Is it eleven yet?
3. She's not eleven yet, she's only ten (She isn't...). He isn't nineteen yet, he's only seventeen. She isn't fifty-five yet, she's only fifty. She isn't old yet (She's not...).
4. "Is Miss Dene in yet?" "No, not yet."
5. "Is he still in?" "Yes, he is."
6. "Is Bill in his hotel yet?" "No, not yet. He's still busy in his shop."
Упр. 3, стр. 79.
1. "Isn't it time yet?" "No, not yet."
2. "Isn't he seventeen?" "No, he's only fifteen."
3. "Isn't she busy yet?" "No, not yet."
4. "Isn't file 5 on Ben's shelf?" "No, it's on my shelf."
Упр. З, стр. 84.
1. Please tell Miss Flynn. Only don't tell Amy.
2. Oh, please tell me.
3. Only don't say his name.
4. Please don't say it yet.
5. Please tell him my name.
6. Don't say no. Say yes.
Упр. 4, стр. 84.
1. Please leave it on my table.
2. Don't leave yet. It's only ten. Please stay till eleven.
3. Don't leave his bill on my table. Leave it on his table.
4. "Let's stay five days in Spain." "Yes, let's."
Упр. 6, стр. 85.
1. Please say it in Finnish. He's Finnish.
2. Hello! My name's Dave. His name's Alan.
3. "Is he late?" "No, it's not nine yet." (...it isn't nine...)
4. "Is his plane late?" "No, it's on time."
5. Let Miss Lloyd leave my mail on my table.
6. It's not late. (It isn't late.) Please don't leave. Stay till eleven.
7. Please tell me his name.
8. Please don't say no.
Упр. 4, стр. 89.
1. "Miss Davies isn't on holiday yet." "Yes, she is. She is on holiday in Spain."
2. "Isn't he on holiday yet?" "No, not yet."
3. "Please be on time. Don't be late." (Please be in time...)
4. Let Вill see my mail. It's on my table.
5. Let him settle his bill in time (on time).
6. Tell me his name. Spell it.
7. Please tape it.
8. Leave tape 5 on my table.
9. "Amy isn't late." "Yes, she is. It's nine fifteen. She is fifteen minutes late."
Упр. 2, стр. 90.
1. isn't it? ...it isn't.
2. is he? ... he is.
3. she isn't. ...is she? ...she is
4. ...is he? ...he is
Упр. 2, стр. 94.
1. on, in, on 5. on, on
2. in, in 6. in, on
3. on 7. on, in (on)
4. in 8. in, in
Упр. З, стр. 98.
1. Hello! I'm Sam Davies (My name's Sam Davies). Am I late?
2. I'm not nineteen yet. I'm only seventeen.
3. I'm not on holiday yet. Please phone me.
4. I'm still in my hotel. I'm busy till seven.
5. "Am I in time? " "Yes, it's only 9."
Упр. З, стр. 103.
1. at, at 4. at 7. on 10. at, at
2. in, in 5. at, at 8. on
3. on, in, on 6. on 9. in
Упр. 4, стр. 103.
1. Please phone me at home.
2. Please phone me at five fifteen.
3. "Is Alan still ill?" "Yes, he's still in hospital." "Is he? Let's visit him." "Yes, let's."
4. My assistant's name's Adams. Please phone him at his hostel.
5. Let Ann stay and help me.
6. Let's stay and settle it.
7. "Is she Spanish?" "No, she is Italian."
8. Say it in Italian.
Упр. З, стр. 107.
1. He is (He's...) often late. She isn't often late.
2. His shop is (...shop's) often open till nine. Her shop isn't often open on Saturdays.
3. It's often hot in Italy in September. It isn't often hot in Finland in May.
4. I am not often at home at five. Please phone me at seven.
Упр. 5, стр. 111.
1. He's a happy man.
2. It's a fine day.
3. She's an old lady.
4. It's a little flat.
5. He's a Spanish businessman.
6. It isn't an easy test.
7. It isn't a simple plan.
Упр. З, стр. 116.
1. such,so 5. so,such
2. so, such 6. such,so
3. so,such 7. so,such
Упр. 5, стр. 116.
1. Is, She's, at her lessors, often, on.
2. Is, busy, often.
3. Is she, is she?
Упр. 6, стр. 117.
1."I'm sometimes late on Mondays. Phone my assistant. His name's Ben Davies." "Let me have his phone number, please." (Please let me have...)
2. Please see me at 11.15 on Monday.
3. "Is my money on my table?" "Yes, it is."
4. "Is Dave at home?" "No, he isn't. Phone him at seven. He's sometimes at home at seven." (Sometimes he is... He's at home at seven sometimes.)
5. "Let's meet and play tennis some time." "Fine!"
6. It's such a silly film but it's so funny!
7. Let him leave us his old notes.
Упр. З, стр. 119.
1. (—) 5. some
2. some 6. some
3. some 7. (—)
4. (—) 8. some
Упр. 2, стр. 121.
1. some money.
3. some hot tea.
5. some fish and ham.
6. some toast.
7. some apple pie.
Упр. 4, стр. 123.
1. Please let me have a map of London.
2. Let me leave him some of my photos.
3. Please let me have some of his tapes till Monday.
4. Let's see some of his tests on Monday.
5. Let him leave some of his files on my table.
6. Let's see some of my best slides.
7. Have some ham!
8. Please open a bottle of lemonade.
9. "Have some apple pie." "A fine pie!"
Упр. 4, стр. 125.
1. "Shall I leave Ben's money on his table?" "Yes, please."
2. "Shall I leave him some of my slides?" "No, please, don't."
3. "Shall I pay my hotel bill on Monday?" "Yes, please."
4. "Shall I phone him?" "Yes, please. Phone him at home on Sunday."
5. "Shall I tell her?" "No, not yet."
Упр. 2, стр. 127.
1. isn't It? 7. isn't she?
2. isn't it? 8. is he?
3. isn't she? 9. is she?
4. isn't he? 10. is she?
5. isn't he? 11. is he?
6. isn't it? 12. am I?
Упр. З, стр. 127.
1. He's a busy man, isn't he!
2. It's a splendid team, isn't it!
3. It's a silly film, isn't it!
4. It's funny, isn't it!
Упр. З, стр. 134.
1. isn't it? ...is it?
2. is it? ...isn't it?
3. is he? ...isn't he?
Упр. 4, стр. 134.
1. take, keep 1. hold
2. take 2. keep
3. make 3. hold
4. keep 4. keep
Упр. 5, стр. 134.
1. "Shall I take list 5?" "Yes, take it and keep it."
2. Let me take my pad and a pen.
3. "Shall I keep his old notes?" "No, (please) don't."
4. "Please make a list of names."
5. "Don't take my keys by mistake." "Okay. (OK, O.K.)"
6. "Let's skate on Sunday." "Fine!"
Упр. 4, стр. 139.
1. It's a lovely old cafe.
2. It's such a cold day.
3. Shall I make a clean copy?
4. It's a lazy old cat.
5. Let me have a cup of coffee.
6. It's a convenient day, isn't it?
Упр. З, стр. 144.
1. Her boy's only seven, but he can play tennis.
2. She can speak Spanish, and he can speak Italian.
3. "I'm so sleepy!" "I can make you some coffee." "Fine!"
4. I'm only busy till five. You can come at half past five.
5.I can come back by half past seven and help you.
6. You can take some of my cassettes.
7. He can phone me at home on Saturday. Please tell him.
Упр. 2, стр. 146.
1. He can't play tennis. He can only play table tennis.
2. I can't speak Italian.
3. She can ski, but she can't skate.
4. Please help me. I can't close it.
5. I can't leave yet. I'm still busy.
6. I can't stay till seven, but I can come on Monday and settle it.
7. You can't park at a bus stop, Betty!
Упр. З,стр. 148/149.
1. Can she speak Italian?
2. Can he ski and skate?
3. Can he mend a TV set?
4. Can you make cakes?
5. Can you play tennis on Mondays?
6. Can he be back by seven?
7. Can you leave yet?
8. Can you come on Sunday?
9. Can I take an eleven bus?
Упр. З, стр. 153.
1. old offices.
2. lovely places.
3. pieces of cake.
4. nice faces.
5. simple sentences.
6. old cities in Italy.
Упр. 6, стр. 154.
1. at (in), at, on
2. at, on
3. at, at
4. in, in
Упр. 7, стр. 155.
1. "I can't find set 15. It's not in its place (it isn't in its place)."
"Fifteen? Phone Ben at his office. Set 15 is still in (at) his office."
2. "Let's meet at my place on Saturday and have a dance." "Fine!
(Okay!) Saturday's a convenient day."
3. "Can I see you on Monday?" "Yes. Come and see me at my office at 10." "Shall I phone?" "No, only don't be late." "Okay! Till Monday!" "See you on Monday. Bye!"
4. You can come and see me on Sunday. It's a convenient day, isn't it?
5. Have a good time!
Упр. З, стр. 158.
В. Can he?
B. ...is he?
Упр. 4, стр. 163.
1. ...go 5. ...go, ...go
2. ...come 6. ...go
3. ...go 7. ...come
4. ...come 8. ...go, ...go
Упр. З, стр. 166.
1. I've got a big family.
2. I've got a nice flat, but it's not big. (...it isn't big.)
3. I've got a convenient big bag. You can take it.
4. He is a businessman. He's got an office in London.
5. "Ben's got a bad cold. Let's go and see him." "Yes, let's.'
6. "His Italian is splendid, isn't it?" "Yes, he's got a nice teacher. He is Italian."
7. I've got a car, but it's old.
8. Ben's got ten people in his team, (...on his team Am.)
Упр. 2, стр. 170.
1. Have you got a chess set at home?
2. Has he got an office in London?
3. Have I got a (Spanish) lesson on Monday?
4. Have you got a car?
5. Has he got a sister?
6. Has she got a baby?
7. Have you got a holiday in May?
Упр. 6, стр. 173.
1. "Have you got a dog?" "No, I've got a cat."
2. "Have you got Nick's phone number?" "No, not on me. I've got it at home."
3. "Have you got file 5?" "Yes, it's on my table. You can take it."
4. "Has he got a car?" "Yes, he's got a nice (fine) car."
5. "She has (got) a holiday in May, hasn't she? "No, not in May, in September."
6. "Ben has (got) a test on Monday, hasn't he?" "Yes, he's got (he has) a test in Spanish at eleven."
7. "Have you got list 9?" "Yes, I have." "Can I have it a moment?"
Упр. З, стр. 177.
1. at, at, in
2. on, in, in
3. at (in), in, in (at), till
7. at (in)
Упр. З, стр. 182.
1. "It's an excellent exhibition, isn't it?" "Yes, it is. Let's come again next Saturday."
2. "It's an excellent car." "Yes, but it's so expensive! I can't buy it."
3. It's not an easy text. Can you explain it again? (It isn't an easy text...)
4. "Can you come at exactly five?" "Just a moment. Let me see. Yes, I can."
5. "Shall I give you a lift?" "No, I can take a taxi."
6. Please send him a fax again.
7. He's got an exam hi Spanish next Monday. Please tell him. (He has an exam...)
8. "Can you give an example?" "Yes, listen..."
7. "Let me find Miss Dent." "No,please don't."
8. "Let me open set 50." "No, please don't."
Упр. 4, стр. 184.
1. It's a night flight.
2. It's an expensive coat.
3. It's an excellent plan.
4. It's a light box.
5. Can you give me a clean copy?
6. He's an old gentleman.
7. Have a pleasant flight!
1. "You can go by flight 865 (...take flight 865). It's at exactly 8 p. m." "I can even go by a night flight."
2. "Is Bob nineteen yet?" "No, he is only eighteen."
3. You can take an eighteen bus. Only don't take a sixteen (bus).
4. His flight is 50 minutes late. Let's go and have a snack.
5. Corns at exactly eight. Only don't be late.
Упр. 6, стр. 191.
1. "Have you got any pets?" "Yes, I've got a dog, a cat and some fish.”
2. "Has he got any films at home?" "Yes. He's got some Italian films"
3. Can you give us any examples? (...some examples?)
4. "She has (got) no mistakes in her test." "Oh, hasn't she?" (She hasn't (got) any mistakes...)
5. "I have got no money on me." "Shall I lend you some?" (I've got no money...
I haven't got any money...)
6. "I have no exams in May." "Excellent! (Fine!)"
Упр. 2, стр. 193.
1. Pleas type in my name. (...type my name in.)
2. Just a moment! Let me take off my coat. (.. .take my coat off.)
3. "ShalI I send off list 8?" (...send list eight off?)
4. May I see you off? (Can I...)
5. Shall I see you home?
6. "May (Can) I keep his cassette?" "Yes, only give it back next Saturday."
Упр. 3, стр. 199.
1. do, make 7. do
2. make, do 8. make, make
3. make 9. do
4. do 10. do
5. make, do 11. do
Упр. 5, стр. 200.
1. "Shall I make a copy of list 8?" "Yes, please (do), and make two copies of list seven, too."
2. "I've got a holiday in May." "Have you? Me too." ("I have a holiday...")
3. It isn't an easy job. I can't do it so soon. (It's not...)
4. It's an excellent car, but it's too expensive. I can't buy it.
5. "Is Bobby still at school?" "No, he isn't (he's not). He is at a medical school (college) in London."
6. "Hello! Am I late?" "No, no! Do come in!"
7. It's a bad mistake. Don't make it again.
8. "Shall I send him a fax?" "Yes, please, and do it soon."
Упр. 2, стр. 203.
1. at, in, at, in 6. by
2. at, at, on, on, till 7. in (at), in
3. on, in 8. on
4. in 9. of
5. at, at, till 10. at, at, on
Упр. З, стр. 211.
1. "It's a useful book full of new facts. Take it and use it." "Good. (Fine! Okay!)"
2. "Have you got any new catalogues?" "Yes, catalogue 18 is new. Have a look (at it)."
3. "Meet Nick. He is my new colleague." "Hello, Nick. My name is Jane." (He's... My name's... I am Jane.)
4. "Is Tom still at school?" "No, he is a student at a medical school (college) and he is good at music , too."'
5. Can you tell me his name again? I'm not good at names.
6. "I'm busy tonight. ""Me too. Let's meet on Saturday." "Okay. Saturday's a convenient day."
7. "I can't find Jane's new phone number. Have you got it? " "Yes, just a moment... 575 2999."
8. "It's hot! Shall I (go and) fetch you (shall I get you) some cold juice?"
"Please do!" (Yes, please!)
9. Let me have a look at today's mail.
Упр. З, стр. 215.
1. Are you busy today?
2. Can you play table tennis, too?
3. Has she got any good music at home?
4. Is he good at his job?
5. Are you on holiday (yet)?
6. Is it a useful book?
7. Am I late?
8. Are you a doctor?
9. Has he got any new catalogues in his office?
10. Have you got any faxes today?
Упр. 4, стр. 217.
1. They've got a big family. They' ve got five sons. (Thеу have...)
2. They've got two excellent assistants. (They have...)
3. "They are busy till half past seven, I'm sure;." "Are they? Then they can come and see me at my office on. Tuesday."
4. "They are still in Japan." "Are they? Then send them a fax and do it soon."
5. "My flight is late." "Then let's go and have a snack."
Упр. З, стр. 219.
1.this 6. this
2. these 7. this
3. these 8. this
4. this 9. these
5. these 10. this
1. those 6. that
2. that 7. that
3. those 8. those
4. those 9. those
5. those 10. that
Упр. З,стр. 225/226.
1. the, the 7. a, a
2. a 8. the
3. the, a 9. any, some, the
4. the, a 10. the, some
5. some 11. the, some, a, the
Упр. 5, стр. 226.
1. The suit is good, but it's too big.
2. It's a splendid suit. Buy it.
3. The job is too difficult. They can't finish it in five minutes (in five minutes' une).
4. The book is good. Can I keep it till Tuesday?
5. Could you fetch (get) me some juice?
6. The juice is too cold.
7. I've got (I have) some good news.
8. Mr. Dent is busy at the moment. Can I help you?
Упр. З, стр. 230.
1. to 5. (-), to
2. to, on, to, till 6. to
3. at, at 7. at
4. to, by, at, at 8. to
Упр. 5, стр. 231.
1. "Hello! Can I speak to Mr. Dent?" "Mr. Dent is on a visit to China till next month."
2. "Let's go to the cinema tonight." "No! Let's go to the theatre."
3. This text is too difficult. Could you explain it to me again?
4. Bobby is often late. Please speak to him.
5. "It's late. Let's go home." "OK! Only let's say goodbye to them and (let's) go."
Упр. 4, стр. 236.
1. This is a photo of my family. This is Mum, this is Dad, this is my husband and this is my son. He is six in this photo. These are my cousins Tom and Nick. Tom is a splendid athlete.
2. This is a bookshop and that is a pet shop, (...and that's...)
3. These are my skates. You can take them and use them.
4. "Is this (that) a good hotel?" "Yes, it's the best hotel in the city."
5. "I'm a bit cold." "Are you? Then let's go and have some hot coffee. Look! That cafe's still open. Let's go in."
6. "Hello! Is that Mr. Dent's office?" Yes, it is." "This is Tom Smith (My name's Tom Smith). Can (could) I speak to Mr. Dent (please)?" "Mr. Dent isn't in at the moment. Shall I take a message?"
Упр. 4, стр. 239.
1. to dance, dance 7. to speak
2. to see 8. to phone
3. to meet 9. phone
4. meet 10. to phone
5. to speak 11. find
6. speak, help 12. to file
Упр. З, стр. 242.
1. "Can you speak Chinese?" "Yes, but only a little." "Is it difficult to speak Chinese?" "Oh, yes, it is."
2. "Jack! This is Lucy, my sister." ("This is my sister Lucy.") "Hello (Hi), Lucy! Nice (It's nice) to meet you." "Nice to meet you too."
3. Have a nice (good, pleasant) holiday in Spain! (пожелание) It's pleasant (nice) to have a holiday in Spain, (утверждение, мнение)
4. Could you ask him to phone me at my office at half past two?
5. "Can you teach me to play chess?" "Can't you play chess?"
6. Please ask Ben not to close the lab yet.
7. Can you stay to discuss it?
8. "I'm too busy to go to parties." "Me too."
9. "It's too cold to ski today." "Let's go to the cinema then." "OK!"
10. Let's take a taxi so as not to be late.
11. Let's leave (go) early so as not to miss the ten o'clock bus.
Упр. 4, стр. 246.
1. the, a 2. a 3. the, a 4. a 5. the, a 6. a, a
Упр. 5, стр. 246.
1. "Are you busy at the moment?" "No, I'm not." "Let's have a talk then."
2. "Let me go and make some calls." "Yes, please, only come back soon (...be back...)."
3. It's too noisy! Let me call back.
4. Mr. Smith is on holiday till August. Please call back (phone him, call him) in a month.
5. They've got a small business in Sheffield. You can call them on (at) this number. If the line's busy, call later, but do call.
6. "This flat is too small to be convenient." "But the place is pleasant, isn't it?"
Упр. 2, стр. 249.
1. before 5. till
2. till 6. before
3. before 7. before
4. till 8. till
Упр. 4, стр. 251.
1. "Is it convenient for you to come at exactly four?" "Yes, it's a convenient time." "Then see you at four." (See you at four, then.)
2. Let me speak to your teacher before (the) classes.
3. "Have you got ten minutes to talk to me?" "Of course, I have." ("Certainly.")
4. Let's go to the cinema after classes, shall we?
5. Please call me before your holiday.
6. "Can I keep your textbooks till the exam?" "Of course, you can."
7. He's on a short visit to China. Could you call back in four days?
8. Could you call back later, say, Oust) after lunch? (...say, this afternoon?)
Упр. 2, стр. 253.
1. My colleague keeps his..,
2. Jim gets up...
3. His daughter goes...
4. Alex teaches...
5. My assistant does...
6. He often says...'
7. She calls...
8. Ann goes...
9. He lives...
Упр. 4, стр. 260.
1. I'm a student. I study medicine at a medical school (college). I usually get up at seven. At half past seven I have a meal and then (I) go to the bus stop.
I usually leave (leave the house) in good time so as not to be late to classes. Only the fifteen bus goes to the college.
2. My sister teaches Spanish at school. I can speak Spanish too, but my Spanish is still poor. I often ask her to speak Spanish to me. She likes to teach me. "You sometimes make funny mistakes," she often says to me.
3. My colleague usually goes home at half past five, but sometimes he stays in (at) the office to make some calls.
Упр. 2, стр. 263.
1.I don't get up late.
2. Idon't know your colleagues.
3. I don't like to talk to him.
4. This bus doesn't go to the stadium.
5. She doesn't go home at six.
6. I don't usually get home at half past six.
7. Sometimes he doesn't leave his files on that table.
8. She doesn't usually go on holiday in August.
9. They don't usually keep old documents.
10. He doesn't often use these catalogues.
11.I don't often help my son to do his lessons.
12. They don't often discuss it.
Упр. 5, стр. 264.
1.I don't often go to the cinema.
2. I'm not busy till half past eleven.
3. She doesn't live ha Moscow.
4. He isn't often late.
5.I don't know it.
6.I can't understand that.
7.I haven't got an assistant.
8. She hasn't got an empty form.
9.I don't like to get up late.
10. You aren't late, Amy.
11. He can't give you a call before his holiday.
12. She doesn't play the guitar.
13.I can't play the piano.
14. Those shops are not (aren't) closed at eight, I'm sure.
15. That shop doesn't close at nine.
Упр. 6, стр. 264.
1. "Excuse me, I don't know your name." "My name's Michael
Dobbs, but you may call me Mike."
2.I can't play volleyball, but I can play tennis.
3. My sister doesn't live in London. She lives in Leeds. She lives alone. She hasn't got a family yet. She is only nineteen.
4. It's time. Let's go, I don't like to be late.
5. This bus doesn't go to the station. The seventeen does.
6. "I don't often go to the cinema, but I often go to the theatre." "Me too."
7. Mr. Dent doesn't usually stay at this hotel. He doesn't like noisy places.
8.I don't often use these catalogues. You can (may) keep them till next month.
Упр. 4, стр. 268.
1. Do you often go to the theatre?
2. Do you teach Chinese?
3. Is it difficult for you to understand Italian films?
4. Can you call (me) back?
5. Do you often catch colds?
6. Does Alex speak Spanish?
7. Does Eve teach music?
8. Has she got a piano?
9. Can she play the guitar?
10. Do you know him?
11. Do you often take a taxi home?
12. Does this bus go to the stadium?
13. Can I keep the catalogues?
Упр. 5, стр. 269.
1. "Do you smoke?" "No, I don't."
2. "Do you play chess?" "Yes, I do." ("Can you play chess?" "Yes, I can.")
3. "Does this bus go to the stadium?" "No, it doesn't. The sixteen does."
4. "Does the film begin at eight?" "No, (it doesn't. It begins) at half past eight,"
5. "Are you a student?" "Yes, I'm a student at a technical college." "Do уou know Alan Smith?" "Yes, I do. He teaches Spanish."
6. "Is it difficult for you to understand me?" "No, it isn't if you speak slowly."
7. "Does your daughter go to college?""No, she is only 15, and she still goes to school."
8. "Do you often go to the cinema?" "No, only on Sundays."
Упр. З, стр. 270.
1. don't you? aren't you? 7. can't he?
2. don't you? 8. haven't you?
3. don't they? 9. hasn't she?
4. doesn't she? 10. does he?
5. does he? 11. isn't he?
6. do you? 12. hasn't he?
13. is it? 15. doesn't it?
14. are you? 16. is it?
Упр. 4, стр. 271.
1. "Doesn't she speak Spanish?" "No, she doesn't."
2. "Don't you like jazz?" "Yes, I do."
3. "Don't they call you?" "Yes, they do."
4. "Don't they discuss it in class?" "Yes, they do, often."
5. "He doesn't use these catalogues, does he?" "Yes, he does."
6. "You don't often go to the stadium, do you?" "Yes, I do, often."
7. "He doesn't often get (come) home late, does he?" "No, he doesn't."
Упр. 1, стр. 272.
1. do you?
2. has he?
3. don't, they?
4. doesn't she?
5. don't you?
6. hasn't he?
7. does she?
Упр. З, стр. 286.
1. "Don't forget to call Ben tonight. (Remember to call...)" "I'm sorry, I don't remember his phone number." "It's 556 4402." "Sorry, could you repeat it, please?"
2. "Excuse me. Is that shop on the right the radio shop?" "No, the radio shop's to the left of the cinema."
3. "So, they need two copies of catalogue 8 and four copies of catalogue 9." "Right!" ("That's right!")
4. Jerry is an American student. He studies Russian. Jerry rents a flat next door to us. He very often asks me to correct his mistakes in Russian.
5. "Oh, I'm sorry, I'm late again." "That's all right. It isn't very late yet."
6. "Can I have this dictionary for a moment?" "I'm sorry, I still need it."
Упр. 2,стр. 290.
1. "Is it convenient for you to come on Monday or (on) Tuesday?" "On Tuesday. I sometimes go to the stadium on Mondays."
2. "Is the cinema on the right or on the left?" "It's to the left of the hotel."
3. "Is his new flat large or (is it) small?" "It's large."
4. "Is your size 14 or 16?" "14 (It's 14)."
5. Sorry, can I call you back in 10 or 15 minutes?
6. These students don't speak Spanish or Italian.
Упр. 4, стр. 297.
1. Alex usually gets a lot of mail. He writes many important letters and sends (off) a lot of faxes every day.
2.I know many of his colleagues.
3. "Do you read much?" "Yes, a lot." "Do you spend much money on books?" "Oh, yes, very much (a lot). I've got a lot of good books at home." "Do you like to read newspapers?" "No, not really."
4. "Does he smoke much?" "No, not much."
5. The old man remembers a lot of (...many of...) those events. Let's speak (talk) to him. He knows so much!
6. "Do they have many new exhibits?" "No, not many, only five or six."
7. I'm afraid* (sorry), I don't have much time today. I 've got too many important jobs (for) today and I haven't got any assistants. My assistant is still on holiday.
8. Jerry speaks very good Russian. He doesn't make many mistakes. (Jerry speaks Russian very well... Jerry's Russian is very good...)
Упр. 2, стр. 300.
1. of, in 5. at
2. from, to 6. to, on, to
3. on 7. from, to, on, to, at
4. for 8. of, from
Упр. 5, стр. 307.
1.I like to look through the newspapers or listen to the news on the radio at breakfast.
2. "Are you very busy this Friday?" "No, (I'm not). I'm free." "Let's go to the country." "Fine!" (Okay!)
3. Excuse me, could you keep the line free from four to half past four?
4. Could you help me (to) translate this letter from French? It's very important.
5. "I can't get through to Jim. Has he got the same phone number?" "No, he hasn't. He`s got (He has) a new number, but I don't have (haven't got) it. I know only his new address. (I only know...)"
6. "Can you take a break?" "No, not yet. I've got (I have) a lot of important papers today."
7. "Bill's children are already in the country, but he's still in London. He isn't on holiday yet."
8. My children already go to school. My son's seven and my daughter's already nine.
Упр. 4, стр. 310.
1. "Have you got enough time (Do you have enough time) to go to the exhibition today?" "Sorry, not today. (Not today, I'm afraid.) I'm busy today." "On Tuesday then?" "Yes, I've got (I have) enough time on Tuesday."
2. "Is this money enough to buy that camera? It's very expensive." "Yes, it's just enough."
3. "Can you translate this letter from Russian into French?" "I'm sorry, (I'm afraid) my French isn't good enough to do it (that)."
4. "Is your tea hot enough?" "Yes, it's even too hot."
5. He doesn't read enough.
6.I don't see them often enough.
Упр. З, стр. 320.
1.I think they can come on Tuesday morning.
2.I don't think they can come on Monday evening.
3. She says they have enough money to start a business.
4.I don't think they have (got) enough money to start a business.
5. He thinks you remember him. He doesn't think you remember him.
6.I think they've got (they have) a lot of interesting things at the exhibition this time. I don't think they've got marry interesting things at the exhibition this time.
7.I think he can speak English. I don't think he can speak English.
8. Sorry, you've got the wrong number.
Упр. 5, стр. 329.
1. a, a, a
2. the, the, the, the, a
3. a, an, a
4. the, the, the
Упр. 6, стр. 329.
1. on, of, at 7. to
2. to, on 8. in (with)
3. on, to, of 9. from, to
4. for, in, for 10. of, of
5. of 11. on
6. from, at 12. by (on)
Упр. 8, стр. 330.
Упр. 9, стр. 330.
1. "Do come in! I'm so happy to see you on my birthday."
"Happy birthday to you!"
2. "Is this your first visit to Russia?" "Yes, it is." "Do many German firms do business in Russia?" "Oh, yes, a lot (quite a few, quite a lot)."
3. Bob's already in his third year at college, and Nick is only a first-year student.
4. "Excuse me, is the post office in this street?" "No, it isn't. Cross the road, turn (to the) right, and then (to the) left." "Thank you. " "Not at all."
5. He earns enough to keep a large family.
6. Let's go by an early flight. It's very convenient.
7. First listen to the tape several times and learn to read the text. Then learn it by heart.
8. "Do you know a firm called 'Adams and Sons'?" "No, I don't." "I don't know them, either."
9.I often go to a stadium called 'Lucky (Happy) Athlete (Sportsman)'. I like it very much.
Упр. 5, стр. 335.
1. "Are you very busy today?" "I'm afraid so." (I'm afraid, I am.)
2. "Could you call me on the first of February?" "Certainly."
3. "Can I keep your dictionary till Thursday?" "(Yes,) certainly.”
4. "Can (Could) I have your telephone number?" "(Yes,) certainly."
5. "Have you got enough time to solve (settle) this problem today?" "I'm afraid not. The problem's too important."
6. "Do you read much?" "I'm afraid not. I don't have much (enough) time."
7. I'm afraid two days isn't (aren't) enough to finish this translation.
8. I'm afraid he isn't right, (...he's wrong.)
9. "Do you know a teacher called Bennett?" "I'm afraid not. Ask Ann. She knows a lot of teachers in this college." "No, she doesn't know him, either."
Упр. 2, стр. 339.
1. please. Here you are.
2. please. Certainly.
3. Please. Here you are.
4. please. Certainly.
5. Here you are.
6. Here you are.
Упр. З, стр. 342.
1. "Let's go to the (a) museum." "Yes, let's. Is it very far? " "No, it isn't. It's near here. Turn (to the) left... Right... Here is the museum." "Can I park here?" "Certainly (Of course)."
2. "Perhaps it's a good idea (It may be a good idea), but it isn't clear to me yet. Can you explain it again?" "Sure (Certainly). It's very simple."
3. "Sorry, I can't hear you. It's very noisy (in) here. Can I call you back in 5 or 10 minutes?" "Certainly."
4. "Please give me (let me have) catalogue 4." "Here you are." "Sorry, (Excuse me,) (but) I also need catalogue 5. ' "Here you are."
5. It isn't light enough here. I can't see the road, I'm afraid.
6. These models are too expensive. I can't buy them.
Упр. 2, стр. 349.
1. You can learn to play computer games easily. It's very easy.
2. Is my explanation clear enough?
3. I'm afraid, I can't explain it clearly enough.
4. Amy types very carelessly. She is very careless.
5.I don't like slow games. I like to play fast games. 6. I'm afraid, I don't understand you. Don't speak so fast, please. Could you say it slowly?
Упр. 4, стр. 354.
1. There's... It's... 5. There's a... It's...
2. It's... There's... 6. It's a... There's a...
3. There's... It's... 7. There's... It's...
4. It's... There's a...
Упр. 5, стр. 354.
1. Are there any good theatres in the city?
2. Is there enough time for a discussion today?
3. Are there many nice places near Moscow?
4. Is there any interesting news in today's paper?
5. Are there any new ideas in his book?
6. Are there many good pictures at the exhibition this time?
Упр. 6, стр. 354.
1. There isn't a bus stop near the hotel.
2. There aren't any first-year students in the college team.
3. There isn't much news from France today.
4. There aren't any flights from London on Thursday.
5. There isn't much time for lunch today.
6. There aren't many people in the cinema.
Упр. 1, стр. 363.
good или well? well или healthy?
1. good, well 1. healthy
2. well, good 2. well
3. good, well 3. healthy, well
4. good, well 4. well
5. good, well
Упр. З, стр. 364.
1. "I don't think we've got enough time to discuss this (the) problem carefully. Let's meet (once) again in a week (in a week's time), shall we?" "Yes, you are right."
2. "Amy! This is David Bennett." "Yes, Mr. Bennett?" "Could you come and type some documents? I need them at once (right away)." "Certainly, Mr. Bennett. I'm on my way."
3. "Excuse me, could you tell me the way to the medical college?" "(To) the medical college? Take the seventeen bus. It's two stops from here." "Thank you."
4. We are so glad to see you! This way, please. "Your seats are over there”.
5.I always buy food on my way (the way) home. It's very convenient. There are a lot of good shops here.
6. Could you lend me this book, please? I can read it in a week (in a week's time).
7. We always go to the country at weekends (for the weekend, at the weekend).
8. My sister often stays with us over the weekends. She comes on Friday evening and goes away on Monday morning.
9. Please wait a little (...wait a bit!).
10. There are a lot of people here today. Please wait your turn.
11. He's late as usual. Let's not wait for him.
Упр. З, стр. 368.
1. "When shall I come again?" "On Wednesday, please, if it's (that's) convenient for you."
2. "When is your son's birthday?" "Next Thursday."
3. "When shall I give these books back?" "You can keep them (for) a week. Is that enough?" "Yes, it (that) is enough to read them for the exam."
4. "When can we finish this (that, the) job?" "Let me see. In a week." "Are you sure?" "Yes, I am."
Упр. 6, стр. 369.
1. "Where shall I wait for you?" "At the bus stop. Only don't be late." "Okay."
2. "Excuse me, where can I make some calls?" "In room 5. There are a lot of telephones there."
3. "Where do you usually have lunch?" "In a cafe across the road. It's a nice place and it isn't expensive (.. it's not...)."
4. "Where do you park your car?" "In the car park near the office. It's very convenient."
Упр. 4, стр. 372.
1. because 6. because
2. so 7. so
3. because 8. so
4. so 9. because
5. because 10. so
Упр. 5, стр. 377.
1. Do your friends live in Central London?
2. Where do they live?
4. Why are they pleased with their flat?
5. Is Mrs Ellis on holiday yet?
6. When does she usually go on holiday?
7. Where does she usually go for her holiday?
8. Why is Bill's wife often away from London?
9. Do the Wilsons like to go to parties?
10. When do they usually go to see their friends?
11. Is there any orange juice in the fridge?
12. Why are there so many people in the cinema?
Упр. 6, стр. 377.
1. of, in, of, to, in, for
2. to, on, on
3. for, after
4. to, with, at, with
5. with, of, across, to, in, in
Упр. 8, стр. 378.
1. "Where do you live?" "In West London." "And where do your parents live? Do they live with you?" "No, they don't. My family is from Sheffield, and my parents still live there."
2. "Where do you spend your weekends?" "At home with my family."
3. "Where do you usually have lunch?" "In a (the) Chinese restaurant across the road. It's a nice place."
4. "Where can I see (find) Mr. Adams?" "He's in room four, but I'm afraid, he's busy at the moment. Could you wait a little (a bit)?" "Certainly."
Упр. 4, стр. 385.
1. Where can I see that film?
2. Why can't we walk there?
3. Can we walk there?
4. Is it very far?
5. Where can I find him at twelve?
6. Why is Bob away today?
7. When do you usually go for a walk?
8. Can your daughter swim?
9. Why can't you answer my question right away?
10. Where can I wait for you?
Упр. 2, стр. 394.
1. "What shall I do with this list?" "Leave it here."
2. "What do you usually do on Sundays?" "I sometimes play tennis."
3. "What can I do for you?" "Can (Could) I speak to Mr. Smith, please?"
4. "What can you do?" "I can type." "What else (can you do)?" "I speak three foreign languages (I can speak... I know...)."
5. "What's your name?" "Dent, Jim Dent." "What do you do?" "I'm an engineer."
6. "When shall I come again?" "On Wednesday, please. Come at (a) quarter past ten, if that's convenient for you."
7. "What is this?" "It's a new hospital." "And what's that over there?" "It's a stadium."
Упр. 5, стр. 400.
1. "Let's meet on Saturday morning, shall we?" "Yes, let's. What time?" "At ten, if that's (it's) not too early for you." "No, I usually get up at six or seven." "Fine! Till Saturday."
2. "Can you саll me (on) Friday afternoon?" "Certainly (Sure)." "What time?" "At half past two, please."
3. What time do you usually take your children to school and when do you bring them home?
4. "Let's go to a restaurant on Saturday evening." "That's a good idea!"
Упр. 4, стр. 406.
1. in, at, in, for 5. without
2. out of 6. at, to, in, to, at, in
3. to, at, in, for, by, by 7. for
4. of, about, about, about 8. in (on), for, without
Упр. 2, стр. 408.
1. Му, Our
4. them, their
5. Our, them, their
Упр. 2, стр. 411.
1. "How can (do) I get to the airport?" "By the twenty bus."
2. "How can (do) I get to the city museum?" "You can walk there. Go straight ahead, then turn ( to the) right at the traffic lights." "Is it very far?" "About 15 minutes' walk (a fifteen-minute walk)."
3. "How do you usually get to work?" "By car. If the traffic is too (very) heavy, I go by underground. I don't like to drive in the rush hour, and the underground station is just across the road from our house. It's very convenient."
Упр. 4, стр. 416.
1. "How well does he speak English?" "Quite well."
2. "How often do you spend your (the) weekends in the country?" "Not very often, I'm afraid."
3. "How soon can they finish this (that) work (job)?" "In a week, I think."
4. "How many children do they have(...have they got)?" "Two." "How old are they?" "Their son's twelve, and their daughter's already seventeen."
5. "How much is this suit?" "40 pounds."
Упр. З, стр. 417.
1.I live a long way from here.
2. He works a long way from this place.
3. Is it very far? Is it far from here? (Is it a long way from here?)
4. Is it Far from the underground station? (Is it a long way...?)
5. Do you live far from the city centre? (Do you live a long way...?)
6. It isn't far from here (It's near here). She doesn't live far from
here. (She lives near here.)
7.I usually park my car near (close to) my office.
8. It's quite near.
Упр. З, стр. 419.
1. How long does it take to get to Green Street from here?
2. How long does it usually take you to do your English homework?
3. How many languages does your brother know (speak)?
4. How can I get to your office?
5. How far is the station (from here)?
6. Where's the car park?
7. How old is your daughter?
8. How many children have they got?
9. How well does he speak English?
10. How often do you play tennis?
Упр. 4, стр. 419.
1. "The airport is a long way from here, and we haven't got (don't have) much time." "How long does it take to get there by bus?" "About an hour." "Then let's take a taxi."
2. "Do you live far (a long way) from (your place of) work?" "No, not very (not really)." "How do you get there?" "Sometimes I walk if I have enough time, but I usually go by car." "The traffic isn't very heavy here, is it?" "Yes, it is, but not at this time. We have traffic jams at 6.1 don't like to drive at this time."
3. "How long does it take you to do your English homework?" "It takes me a long time (a lot of time) if I work carefully."
Упр. 2, стр. 432.
1. There was a nice show on the telly last night.
2. We were all very busy the day before yesterday.
3. The traffic was very heavy yesterday afternoon.
4. They were away on holiday last month.
5. The weather was fine last week.
6. There were a lot of people in the museum last Sunday.
Упр. З, стр. 432.
1. They weren't in time as usual (They were late, as usual).
2. The answer wasn't correct (...was not...).
3. There weren't many people in the hotel lobby (...were not...).
4. I wasn't hungry before the lunch break.
5. Their Russian translation wasn't very good.
6. The discussion wasn't very long.
7. His questions weren't very simple, (...were not...)
8. The station wasn't far from our house.
Упр. 4, стр. 433.
A. were, weren't, were A. were, was A. was
B. was B. — B. wasn't, was
Упр. 5, стр. 433.
1. "Were you away last week?" "No, I was ill." "Oh, were you? And how are you now?" "I'm fine, thank you." (I'm quite well...)
2. "Was the film interesting?" "No, it was too long and boring."
3. "He wasn't quite right." "Yes, he was. He was quite right." "Are you sure?" "Yes, I'm quite sure."
Упр. З, стр. 435.
1. stayed, played, studied, copied, tried, married
2. stopped, lagged, dropped, sipped, clapped, travelled
Упр. 4, стр. 435.
1. We tested the new machines at the factory last week.
2. He finished work very late the day before yesterday.
3. She listened to her teacher carefully at yesterday's lesson.
4.I answered a lot of letters on Monday.
5. He walked to the office yesterday morning.
6. We discussed a lot of problems last week.
7 They wanted to go to the theatre last Saturday.
Упр. 5, стр. 436.
1. "I wanted to ask you some (a few) questions yesterday, but you were not in (you were away)." "It's (That's) a pity. I wanted to talk to you too."
2. The weather was fine yesterday. We skied for two hours in the morning and after lunch we all played hockey.
3. We studied all those (these) documents very carefully last week. Then we answered Mr. Smith's letter and tried to explain to him our new ideas (...to explain our new ideas to him). We also answered all the questions about his next visit to Moscow in November.
4. We discussed all those (these) questions last time. 5.1 liked yesterday's show very much.
6. They solved all the problems long ago.
Упр. 5, стр. 442.
1. We didn't understand the film.
2. They didn't write an answer at once.
3. We didn't speak about these problems at the meeting.
4.I didn't sleep well last night.
5. You didn't tell us about the meeting yesterday afternoon.
6. It didn't take me long to get there.
7. They didn't live far from here.
8. She didn't have much work to do the day before yesterday.
9.I didn't have an exam last week.
10. We didn't always have discussions after the lectures.
11. Jack didn't have any problems with his car.
Упр. 6, стр. 443.
1. didn't he?
2. didn't they?
3. did he?
4. didn't you?
5. didn't they?
6. didn't we?
7. did they?
Упр.7, стр. 443.
1. Did you forget to call them yesterday?
2. Did you miss the ten o'clock train?
3. Did they buy any (various) catalogues?
4. Did you have a car five years ago?
5. Did you have many friends at school?
6. Did he have much work to do last week?
1. When did he last go to London?
2. How well did the students understand the film?
3. How long did it take them to finish the job?
4. Where did you stay when you were in London? (Which hotel did you stay in when you were in London?)
5. When did she see you about it?
6. Where did you live ten years ago?
7. How long did it take you to get there?
8. What time (When) did they begin the discussion?
9. Where did you buy this book?
10. When did you last have a meeting?
Упр. 9, стр. 444.
1. "When do you usually have your holiday?" "I always have a holiday in (the) summer, because I'm a teacher. Teachers always have their holidays in (the) summer."
2. "When did you have your holiday last year?" "In January." "What did you do during (in) your holiday?" "I skied and skated. In the evening I sometimes went to the cinema and sometimes watched TV."
3. "Have you got a car? (Do you have a car?)" "Yes, I've got (I have) a good car. I'm very pleased with it." "When did you buy it?" "Two years ago." "And how did you get to work when you didn't have a car? You live in the country, don't you?" "I went by tram and underground. It took me a long time."
4. "Where do you live?" "In the city centre." "Is it far from here?" "No, it's near here (it's quite near). I walk to college in any weather, but yesterday I went home by bus, because I didn't have enough time."
5. Last Sunday the weather vas fine. I got up at seven, did my morning exercises, had breakfast and went (out) for a walk. When I came (got) (back) home, it was two o'clock. Lunch was on the table. My wife and I had lunch and watched TV (the telly, television). The programme was very interesting. We liked it very much. In the evening we went to the cinema and saw a new film. We went to bed at eleven.
6. When do you usually get (come) home? When did you get (come) home yesterday?
7. What do you usually do in the evenings? What did you do yesterday evening (last night)?
8. Which (What) programmes do you usually watch on TV? Which (What) programme did you watch the day before yesterday?
9. How often do you go to the theatre? When did you go to the theatre last? (When did you last go...)
10. When did you last go to the cinema?
Упр. 2, стр. 453.
1. How many students need rooms in. the hostel?
2. How many rooms do they need?
3. Who can I ask about it?
4. Who asked the air hostess about it?
5. Which file does Jack need?
6. Who needs that file?
7. How many people were there in the room?
8. How many people worked for your company three years ago?
9. Whose parents live in that town?
10. Whose parents do you know?
11. Whose house is near here?
12. Where's her house?
Упр. З, стр. 457
1. the other 7. the others
2. other 8. the other
3. another 9. other
4. other 10. each other (one another)
5. other 11. another
Упр. 5, стр. 462.
1. Не always drives very carefully.
2. Why are you driving so carelessly?
3. "Is Jane in?" "No, she's having lunch." ("Is Jane there?")
4. We usually have lunch at half past one.
5. I always listen to the morning news at breakfast.
6. It's nine o'clock. You are listening to the morning news.
7. "Are you learning Japanese?" "Yes, I am." "What other languages do (can) you speak?" "French and Spanish."
8. Turn on the telly. The President is speaking.
9. "What are you doing, Miss Ellis?" "I'm writing an answer to yesterday's letter from Germany." "I see. And what's Jackч doing?" "He's looking through the morning mail." "OK. And , what's Mr. Adams doing?" "He's speaking on another phone."
Упр. 2, стр. 464.
1. Who can I talk to about it?
2. What is his new book about?
3. Who is this book by?
4. Who is this letter for?
5. What are you looking for?
6. Who are they waiting for?
7. What is Bob listening to?
8. What are they talking about?
9. Who is he married to?
10. Where are you from?
11. Who did you discuss it with?
Упр. З, стр. 465.
1. "Who is this mail for?" "(For) Mr. Adams."
2. "Who can I talk to about it?" "(To) the secretary."
3. "Who else can you discuss it with?" "(With) our business partners."
4. "What are you looking for?" "My car keys."
5. "Excuse me, who are you waiting for?" "The chief engineer."
6. "What are they talking about?" "I'm afraid, I don't understand."
7. "What else shall I look at here?" "Those models, over there."
8. "Which tape are you listening to?" "Twenty."
9. "Where is he from?" "The USA."
Упр. 5, стр. 471.
1. After leaving (finishing) school I went to university. Five years later I graduated (from the university) and started teaching English, (...started to teach...)
2. Could you stop smoking, please?
3.I don't know this place at all. Let's stop to ask the way.
4. Bill is a very poor student. He can't write a word without making a mistake. I correct him each time but he goes on making the same mistakes.
5. We finished discussing the (that) contract very late, so I couldn't call you.
6. "You may have a cigarette. (You can smoke.)" "No, thanks. I gave up smoking a month ago." "Did you? I don't smoke either."
7. "I always enjoy listening to old jazz. Do you?" "Me too."
8. When I came in, they went on talking, (...kept talking...)
Упр. 2, стр. 473.
1.I like travelling. When I went to (travelled in) Italy last year, I went sightseeing nearly every day and brought home a lot of interesting photos. Taking photos is my hobby.
2. My friends and I like to spend weekends in the country, (...like to go to the country for (the) weekends.) In winter we go skiing and in summer we go swimming and take long walks.
3. "Where is Jane?" "She went shopping five minutes ago."
4. "Is Billy at home?" "No, he went skating an hour ago." "In such (this) bad weather?" "Yes, he goes skating and skiing in any weather."
Упр. 2, стр. 476
1. Both my assistants are having lunch at the moment. (My assistants are both having lunch...)
2. Both his children go to school. (His children both...)
3. Miss Ellis answered both their faxes yesterday.
4. We both enjoyed our stay there. (Both of us...)
5. They both love sightseeing. (Both of them...)
6. You both went skiing yesterday, didn't you? (Both of you...)
7. We both leave the house at half past eight. (Both of us...)
1. We were both away last week.
2. You can both speak English, can't you?
3. They were both here five minutes ago.
4. You are both doing very well.
5. They could both play tennis very well when they were young.
6. We are both speaking about the same thing!
7. They were both born in Scotland.
Упр. З, стр. 476.
1. They both went on holiday in September. (Both of them went...)
2.I asked them both, but neither of them could remember her surname. (I asked both of them...)
3. You can both come next week, if it's (that's) convenient for you. (Both of you can come...)
4. ""Where were you on Sunday morning? I couldn't get through to you." "We both went skiing." (Both of us went...)
5.I asked him both questions. He could answer neither of them
(couldn't answer either of them).
6. "Which team did you like?" "(I liked) both. Both of them are doing very well." (They are both doing very well.)
Упр. 2, стр. 478.
1. We liked both the music and the singers.
2. He's both a good student and an excellent athlete.
3. The play was both boring and very long.
4.I need both an English-Russian and a Russian-English dictionary.
5. We need both doctors and trained nurses.
6. Both Ted and Jerry were away on holiday.
7.I can both swim and play tennis.
8. You can come both on Wednesday and Friday.
9.I talked to both Mary and Anne yesterday.
Упр. 3, стр. 478.
1. Не spoke neither English nor French. He didn't speak either English or French.
2. Mike can come neither on Wednesday nor on Thursday. Mike can't come either on Wednesday or on Thursday.
3. They sell neither telephones nor fax machines in that shop. They don't sell either telephones or fax machines in that shop.
Упр. 4, стр. 483.
1.of, in, of 6. in, of
2. on (at) 7. in, at
3. in, of 8. at, of
4. to, with, from, round 9. for, to
Упр. 4, стр. 491.
1. have been, have seen, went
2. are you looking, have lost
3. haven't read
4. are you reading
5. has gone, left
6. are you waiting, hasn't come
7. have been, went
8. have given up
9. have made
10. haven't brought, have left
Упр. 5, стр. 492.
1. "I (have) called (rung, phoned) Jack several times, but neither he nor his wife answered the calls." "They have gone to Italy. Don't you know?" "No. When did they go?" "Last week."
2. "I've brought you an interesting book." "Have you? What is it about?" "It's a collection of short stories by American writers. Have you read it?" "No, I haven't, thank you very much. I love short stories."
3. "Have you seen the new film?" "What film?" " 'The Air Hostess'. I've already seen it and (I) liked it so much that I want to see it again. I've bought two tickets. Let's go together." "Fine! Thanks a lot. (Thank you very much.)"
4. "Have they answered your letter?" "Yes, they have. We received their answer the day before yesterday." "Let me have a look." "Here you are."
Упр. 6, стр. 496.
1. "Have you received a letter from Mr. Adams yet?" "Yes. I've just read it." "Have you answered it yet?" "No, not yet."
2. "Have you brought my book?" "No, I'm sorry, I haven't. I've left it at home."
3. "Have you ever read any books by this writer?" "Yes, I've read some."
4. "What are your summer plans (your plans for the summer/ your holiday plans)?" "I haven't thought of it yet."
5. "I've never seen this monument before. Have you?" "I haven't either (Neither have I / Nor have I)."
6. They have never spoken about it, have they?
7. I 've never heard this singer. Have you?-
8. "You have already received our letter, haven't you?" "Yes, we received it last week and our specialists have-studied it very carefully." "Have you got any questions?" "Yes, we've made a list of questions." "Let me have a look." "Here you are."
Упр. З, стр. 498.
1. I 've had a lot of work to do this week. j,
2. He has read a lot of books this month. (He's read...)
3. I have been very busy this week. (I've been...)
4. Have you been to any exhibitions this month?
5. We've had a lot of interesting discussions this year.
6. " Have you been on holiday this year?" "No, not yet."
7. I haven't seen him today.
8. We haven't been to the theatre this month.
9. " Have you had any meetings this week?" "Yes, we've had two."
Упр. 4, стр. 504.
1."May (can, could) I take (have) this book for a few days?" "Certainly! You can take any book you like." ''Thanks a lot." "Not at all."
2."I would like to discuss some (a few) questions with you, Mr. Brown. Can I see you this week?" "Certainly. When would you like to come?" "On Tuesday morning, if I may."
3. "Would you like to stay in town for the weekend?" "No, I'd like to go to the country."
4. "We'd like to discuss some more (some other) questions today." "You're quite right. Let's begin! What would you like to begin with?"
5. "Would you like to have a snack?" "No, thanks (thank you), I'm not hungry yet but I'm thirsty. Can I have some juice?" "Certainly! Just a moment!"
6. "Would you like another cup of tea?" "No, thank you."
7. "Let's go to the theatre some other time." "As you like."
8. "Would you like to go sightseeing with us?" "I'd love to."
Упр. 2, стр. 507.
1. a few. 2. little. 3. a few. 4. few. 5. little. 6. a little. 7. a few, a little. 8. a few. 9. little. 10. a little. 11. a few. 12. a few.
Упр. 4, стр. 507.
1. "Do many of your assistants speak German?" "No, only a few."
2. "I've got very few questions to ask you today" "Then I can answer them at once."
3. "Have you got any news for us today?" "Yes, but only a little."
4. "Sorry, I'm a bit (a little) late." "That's all right. We've still got a little time."
5. "Would you like to walk a little?" "I'd love to."
6. They've got quite a few new models this time,
7. If the idea isn't clear to you, I can give a few examples.
8. Let me say a few words about it.
Упр. 3, стр. 512.
1. You must go and see that wonderful (splendid) ballet.
2. I must see about the tickets.
3. I must see off my guests (see my guests off).
4. You must go skiing with us on Sunday.
5. You must give up smoking if you want to feel well.
6. You must have a cup of coffee with us.
7. I must leave the house early today.
8. Excuse me, I must go and make a call.
Упр. 4, стр. 514.
1. You mustn't (can't) sleep so little!
2. The children mustn't go swimming today.
3. He mustn't go out, he's still ill.
4. She mustn't eat so much.
5. I mustn't (can't) miss the train.
6. He mustn't work so hard.
7. The children mustn't watch TV so late.
8. A driver mustn't (can't) leave his licence (license) at home. He mustn't forget about it (He can't forget...).
Упр. 2, стр. 516.
1. "Must we do all the exercise's?" "No, you needn't. You can do the first three. That's enough."
2. "Must I call all those (the) people today?" "Yes, I'm afraid you must. I don't feel well and can't help you."
3. "Must I see them off?" "No, you needn't."
4. "Shall I come and help you?" "Yes, please. I've got (I have) a lot of work to do for tomorrow."
5. "Shall I prepare all the documents for tomorrow?" "No, you needn't. You can do it by Wednesday."
Упр. 2, стр. 518.
1. My friend has lost his English- Russian dictionary, so he has to use mine.
2. My son isn't (very) good at languages, so I have to help him.
3. He has to leave the house (leave home) early, because he lives a long way from here.
4.I always have to do a lot of work about the house (...do a lot of housework), so I have to go to bed late. 5.1 don't like to get up early, but I have to.
Упр. З, стр. 521.
1. My brother lives in the suburbs and works in the centre (city centre), so he has to get up early.
2. "Do you have to drive in the rush hour?" "No, I don't. Work begins at eleven."
3. "Your daughter has to go to bed late, doesn't she?" "Yes, we know it is very bad, but she always has a lot of homework and sometimes she has to work till 10 in the evening." (...and has to work till 10 in the evening sometimes.)
4. It's difficult for my son to get up at 7, so we usually have to wake him up.
5.I don't want to give up smoking but I have to. The doctors say so.
Упр. 2, стр. 523.
1. Why did the driver have to pay a fine?
2. How many times did he have to ring the mapager?
3. When did Mr. Brown have to arrange another visit to the factory?
4. Why did you have to wait so long?
Упр. 4, стр. 524.
1. The typist made several mistakes in the text, so she had to type it out again.
2. There were a lot of cars near the theatre, so I had to park (my car) in another street.
3. We didn't have to call for them.
4. "Did you have to wait long?" "Yes, we did. The weather was bad and all the flights were late."
5. "Did you have to stay in town on Sunday?" "Yes, I did. I didn't feel well and couldn't go to the country with my friends."
6. We had very little time (We didn't have much time), so we had to take a taxi.
7.I was late for the lecture yesterday because I had to call for my friend.
8.I forgot to tell them about the meeting, so I had to call (phone, ring, ring up) all of them. ...(them all)
Упр. 5, стр. 524.
1. have to
2. mustn't, must, don't have to
Упр. 2, стр. 528.
1. "You must be Betty, our new assistant." "Yes, and you must be Tom. I've heard a lot about you."
2. Our partners may (might) like these ideas, but I'm not quite ч sure.
3. This phone number can't be wrong. They must still be on holiday.
4. You may not remember me, but I remember you very well. We went to the same college.
5. "Is Bill here (in) today?" "I don't know. I haven't seen him." "I haven't seen him either. Where can he be? I must talk to him." (I have to talk..., I've got to talk...)
Упр. 3, стр. 6.
1. How many people are you going to ask (to lunch)?
2. How long is the job going to take (them)?
3. How long is it going to take?
4. Who is she going to spend the weekend with?
5. Where are you going for your holiday?
6. When is Mr. Smith coming?
7. What are they going to talk about today?
Упр. 7, стр. 9.
1. Don't send them a letter. I'm just going to send them a fax.
2. What questions are we going to discuss today? How long is the discussion going to take?
3. What are you going to do this afternoon? Are you going to be very busy?
4. "They are going to London next week." "Are they? How many people are going?"
5. "Are you coming with us?" "I'm afraid not. I've got no time at all. (I haven't got any time... I don't have any time...)"
6. "When are you going home?" "In an hour and a half."
7. "Are you going ta.the cinema today?" "No, I'm not going out tonight. I'm very tired and I want to have a rest at home."
8. "Haven't you read his new article?" "No, I haven't and I'm not going to. I don't like his articles at all. They are very boring."
9.I was just going to leave the house when you called.
10. I'm just going to say a few words about my new ideas.
Упр. 2, стр. 15.
4. which (that) 1. who
5. which 2. which (that)
6. which (that) 3. who
Упр. 3, стр. 15.
1. the 5. the
2. а 6. the
3. the 7. a
4. the 8. a
Упр. 4, стр. 16.
1. We are all going to the (an) exhibition which opens (on) Monday morning.
2. I'd like to go to some exhibitions which open next week.
3. The doctor who has just seen (examined) the child says that he is quite well.
4. The doctors who have just seen that man say (that) he must go to hospital at once.
5. May (Can) I keep this book (for) another week? I haven't read several articles which I'm going to use in my work.
6. It isn't going to take you long to translate the article which I've put in your file. It isn't difficult at all.
7. The assistant who usually works here is on holiday now. He's coming in a week.
8. All the guides who work in this (that) museum are very good at their jobs (know their subject very well).
9. You can buy a lot of useful things in that (this) shop, which by the way, is always open on Sundays.
10. "What are you looking for?" "My notebook, that (which) was here a minute ago. I always lose it and then find it again."
Упр. 4, стр. 26
1. in (during), at, in, because of, at 5. on
2. of, at, in, in 6. in
3. at, of, of, of, in 7. in, in
4. to (for), of, in 8. in
Упр. 6, стр. 27.
1. a, a, a. 2. the, a. 3. a. 4. the, the. 5. the, the, the, a, a. 6. the. 7. a. 8. the. 9. a, a, a
Упр. 10, стр. 30.
1. Some singers who have just arrived (come, come back, returned) from Spain, where they took part in an international festival, are giving a press interview. "The tour was a success from beginning to end," one of them says. "We are a little (bit) tired, of course, but we're very happy. We are going to take part in another festival in the near future." "Have you prepared any new songs for the next festival?" one of the reporters asks. "Not yet," the singer answers, "but we are going to."
2. "All our family has (have) watched the new serial from beginning to end. Have you?" "Yes, we have. I think it's very successful."
3. The exhibition that (which) opened in the city centre last week is a great success. A lot of people have been to it.
4. "George has won a prize for his recent (new) design." "Has he? Give him our congratulations." "Thank you. He had to work hard. He has certainly made great progress as a designer in the last few years."
5. "We are very interested in your recent experiments. We've just received your publications and we are studying them very carefully. We like your ideas and we're going to discuss them in the near future. I'm (very) pleased to hear it (that)." "When are you going to discuss them?" "I'm afraid I can't tell you definitely now, but I can let you know. Some time next month, I think."
Упр. З, стр. 34.
1. The book he has just written is definitely going to be a success.
2. His book, which is a great success, is interesting from beginning to end.
3. The experiment I'm going to tell you about began in March and went on till the beginning of June.
4. The experiment, which (that) went on (lasted/continued) till the end of last year, was definitely a success.
5. Here is the file you're looking for.
6. Let me congratulate all the athletes who took part in the Games.
7. We had to repeat the experiment we did at the end of last year because it wasn't successful (was unsuccessful) then.
8. All the machines we have just seen at the exhibition are very up-to-date.
9. The exhibit you are interested in is in room three.
10. Let me congratulate all the people who have arranged (organized) this useful meeting.
Упр. 2, стр. 37.
1.I haven't got a pet, but I'd like to have one.
2. ...I have one too, but it isn't so pretty.
3. ...I'd like to have one at home.
4. ...you can buy one in a shop near here.
5. ...I haven't got one yet.
Упр. З, стр. 37
2. one, it
3. one, it
Упр. 4, стр. 38.
1. it, one 6. some (one)
2. one, it 7. it, yours
3. mine (one) 8. one, she (he)
4. some 9. some
5. one (some) 10. any (them)
Упр. 2, стр. 40.
1. ...a new one...
2. ...good ones...
3. ...recent ones
4. ...a very definite one
5. a very successful one
6. ...difficult ones
Упр. З, стр. 40.
1. These houses are very beautiful and those are lovely too.
2. ...Look at these and let me fetch those on that shelf.
3. ...Could I listen to these and let me have a look at those over there.
4. ...Then have a look at these and let me look through those on the table over there.
Упр. 6, стр. 42.
1. "My camera is very old. I must buy a new one before my holiday. I like taking photos." "Do you? Then you have (got) a nice hobby and a very useful one."
2. "Let's have a snack hi a cafe. There are some very nice (good) ones in this street." "Are there? I've never been here before."
3. We've made (taken) a very important decision and a very useful one, haven't we?
4. "I like many pictures at this exhibition. This one is very good, isn't it?" "And I like that one on that wall." "Which one? The one on the left?" "Yes. Look at these! Aren't they Oust) marvellous! And those too."
5. "Have you bought a guide book?" "No, I haven't." "Then take mine." "Thanks!" (Thank you.)
Упр. З, стр. 50.
1. Europe is smaller than Asia. Asia is larger than Europe.
2. France is bigger than England. England is smaller than France.
3. A journey by car's more interesting than a journey by train. A journey by train is less interesting than a journey by car.
4. A holiday hi the country is more pleasant than a holiday in town. A holiday hi town is less pleasant than a holiday hi the country.
5. A meal in a restaurant is more expensive than a meal hi a cafe. A meal hi a cafe is cheaper (less expensive) than a meal hi a restaurant.
6. The English language is less difficult than the Japanese language. Japanese is more difficult than English.
Упр. 4, стр. 50.